Nomination deadline is Jan. 24 for Lieutenant Governor’s Youth Medal
The Lieutenant Governor’s Medal is to recognize the involvement, determination and constant striving of Quebecers who have a positive influence in their community.
Dawson College can recommend up to two students. Faculty and staff members can nominate students to the Awards Office until 4 p.m. Jan. 24.
To be eligible for a nomination by an educational establishment, the student must, at the time of the submission:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (SC 2001, c 27.) and reside permanently in Québec;
- be under 29 years of age;
- be registered at a secondary school, college or university, public or private, or a vocational training centre (within a school board) located in Quebec, of which the program is recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur;
- by her or his involvement:
- have demonstrated a sustained voluntary action at the community and social levels;
- have shown an inspiring attitude, a positive influence inside a group or community;
- be able to achieve the objectives of her or his curriculum.
To nominate a Dawson College student, use the nomination form: https://www.dawsoncollege.qc.ca/awards-scholarships/lieutenant-governors-youth-medal-nomination-form/