On November 3, 2022, Dr. Luc Boileau, Quebec’s public health director, announced an important change to the recommendations for self-isolation of people infected with COVID-19.
Following the government’s announcement regarding the lifting of the mandatory 5-day self-isolation period, the College has revised its rules and procedures for employees and students. Specifically:
- In case of a fever, remain at home until it goes away.
- In case of coughing, sore throat or nasal congestion, wear a mask until the symptoms disappear.
- For the 10 days following the appearance of symptoms, avoid non-essential social events
- COVID-19 absences will be treated in the same way as any other medical absence and will follow the same procedures;
- Completion of the COVID-19 questionnaire will no longer be required;
- A PCR test will no longer be required for employees;
- Students who are experiencing a fever should reach out directly to DawsonHealthServices@dawsoncollege.qc.ca if they need to miss an assessment.
In addition, on November 9, the Government adopted the Order in Council 1718-2022, easing certain measures to protect the health of the population amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Under this Order in Council, the vaccination requirement that applied to teachers and students in the health and social services fields no longer applies.
Please note that the rules and procedures are subject to change in the event that the recommendations of the public health authorities and CNESST change.
Questions or concerns?
- Employees contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students contact DawsonHealthServices@dawsoncollege.qc.ca.