- Application Deadline:March 1
- Profile Code:200.HE
- DEC in:Science
- Program Length:2 years
If you would like to:
- Be part of a small and super-committed learning community
- Go beyond the Health and Life Sciences curriculum and challenge yourself
- Learn outside the classroom through extracurricular activities
- Participate in field trips to world-class research facilities
- Conduct original research with Dawson teachers
- Be well prepared for university studies in life sciences, medicine, ecology or environmental sciences
- Ensure you have the prerequisites required for medicine
Then the Enriched Health and Life Sciences Profile could be for you.
Dreaming of a career in medicine, dentistry or health and life sciences? The Health and Life Sciences Profile is designed for students with a particular interest in biology and chemistry.
The first year gives students a wide variety of courses in science disciplines. The second year allows students to go deeper into disciplines related to health science. They will take the prerequisite courses for medicine: Human Anatomy and Physiology; and Organic Chemistry. In addition, they will have guaranteed spots in courses related to health and environmental science for their Integrative Project.
Students in this profile are part of a brilliant and curious learning community. Dawson’s Health and Life Sciences students are Quebec’s future leaders in medicine, research, industry and academia.
The Enriched Science program has taught me to think outside of the box when it comes to science. I enjoy being able to solve complex problems with my peers in an interactive classroom, designing my own lab experiments, and partaking in multiple extra-curricular activities that fuel my passion about science as a whole!— Mahan M.
What you will learn?
- To think like a scientist
- To employ a scientific method
- To read and analyze scientific publications
- To choose and appropriately use digital technologies to support learning, to present content, to model, to simulate and to program
- To design and implement a scientific project
- To collect, analyze and communicate experimental data
- To solve complex problems
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates of this profile are well-prepared for a wide variety of university studies, such as medicine, dentistry, physiotherapy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, veterinary medicine, ecology, or environmental sciences.
What else you should know?
- Students who are not accepted into Enriched Health and Life Sciences will be automatically considered for Health and Life Sciences
- Being in Enriched Health and Life Sciences does not disadvantage students when it comes to the R-Score since R-Scores are calculated in relation to the entire body of students in the Science Program
What do you need to apply?
In addition to the admission requirements for Health and Life Sciences, you must also have:
- An overall average of at least 80%
- A minimum of 85% in at least two of the Secondary V science prerequisite courses and a minimum of 80% in the third