- Application Deadline:March 1, November 1
- Profile Code:200.HR
- DEC in:Science
- Program Length:2 years
If you would like to:
- Be well prepared for university studies in life
- sciences, medicine, ecology or environmental sciences
- Have priority for advanced chemistry and biology courses that are prerequisites for medicine
- Have priority for Integrative Project sections that relate to biology and chemistry, including health and the environment
- Explore advanced ideas in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology
- Understand the natural world
- Use logical reasoning to solve problems
- Recognize how scientific knowledge is constructed
- Obtain a DEC in Science
Dreaming of a career in medicine, dentistry or health and life sciences? The Health and Life Sciences Profile is designed for students with a particular interest in biology and chemistry.
The first year gives students a wide variety of courses in science disciplines. The second year allows students to go deeper into disciplines related to health science. They will take the prerequisite courses for medicine: Human Anatomy and Physiology; and Organic Chemistry. In addition, they will have guaranteed spots in courses related to health and environmental science for their Integrative Project.
Students in this profile are part of a brilliant and curious learning community. Dawson’s Health and Life Sciences students are Quebec’s future leaders in medicine, research, industry and academia.
Health and Life Sciences at Dawson was the perfect preparation for university. It gave me the opportunity to learn, become autonomous, have fun and make life-long memories and friendships.— Sophie E.
What you will learn?
- To think like a scientist
- To employ a scientific method
- To read and analyze scientific publications
- To choose and appropriately use digital technologies to support learning, to present content, to model, to simulate and to program
- To design and implement a scientific project
- To collect, analyze and communicate experimental data
- To solve complex problems
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates of this profile are well-prepared for a wide variety of university studies, such as medicine, dentistry, physiotherapy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, veterinary medicine, ecology, or environmental sciences.
What do you need to apply?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- Sec V Mathematics – Technical & Scientific option or Science option 564-506 or 565-506
- Sec V Chemistry 551-504
- Sec V Physics 553-504
Conditional admission is based on Secondary IV final and Secondary V mid-term grades. Final admission into the Science program is contingent on obtaining a DES which includes the prerequisite courses with appropriate grades.