- Application Deadline:March 1, November 1
- Profile Code:200.H1 (Enriched Science)
200.H2 (Regular Science)
- DEC in:Science
- Program Length:2 years
If you would like to:
Explore advanced ideas in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology Understand the natural world Use logical reasoning to solve problems Recognize how scientific knowledge is constructed Take advanced biology and chemistry classes Be well prepared for university studies in the sciences, medicine, mathematics or engineering Obtain a DEC in Science
Dreaming about a future career in medicine, dentistry, pharmaceutical research or animal health? Compulsory additional advanced courses in biology and chemistry are what distinguish the Health Science Profile from the Pure and Applied Science Profile. Dawson’s Health Science Profile is the most popular CEGEP program in Quebec. If accepted, you will be part of a brilliant and curious learning community that includes Quebec’s future leaders in research, industry and academia.
Health Science at Dawson was the perfect preparation for university. It gave me the opportunity to learn, become autonomous, have fun and make life-long memories and friendships.— Sophie E.
What you will learn?
- To think like a scientist
- To collect, analyze and communicate experimental data
- To use computers to solve problems in science and engineering
- To think analytically
- To solve complex problems
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates of Health Science are well prepared for university studies in a wide variety of fields, including: Architecture, Astronomy, Biology, Biotech, Chemistry, Computer Science, Dentistry, Education, Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, Mathematics, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacology, Physics, Physiotherapy, Veterinary Science and many more.
What do you need to get in?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- Sec V Mathematics – Technical & Scientific option or Science option 564-506 or 565-506 or Mathematics 536
- Sec V Chemistry 551-504 or Chemistry 534
- Sec V Physics 553-504 or Physics 534
Conditional admission is based on Secondary IV final and Secondary V mid-term grades. Final admission into the Science program is contingent on obtaining a DES which includes the prerequisite courses with appropriate grades.
Academically strong students can apply to Enriched Health Science (200.H2). This profile covers the same curriculum as Health Science but offers enhanced learning opportunities and a stimulating environment.
In addition to the admission requirements for Health Science, you must also have:
- An overall average of at least 80%
- A minimum of 85% in at least two of the Secondary V science prerequisite courses and a minimum of 80% in the third
- Students who are not accepted into Enriched Health Science will be automatically considered for Health Science
- Being in Enriched Health Science does not disadvantage students when it comes to the R-Score since R-Scores are calculated in relation to the entire body of students in the Science Program