- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- Sec IV Environmental Science & Technology or Environmental Science 558-404 or 558-402
- Sec V Chemistry 551-504
- Secondary IV enriched Mathematics or Secondary V Mathematics are considered assets
- Placement at College English 101 (testing may be required)
- Letter of intent
- Completion of the science prerequisites within the last 5 years is considered an asset
Letter of Intent
- Letter of Intent: The letter of intent offers you the opportunity to provide information about your background that may be relevant to the nursing program, as well as any qualities that make you a good candidate for the nursing program. The Admissions Committee uses this letter to assess your eligibility, ability and readiness to take on the challenges of the nursing program. Please use the questions listed in the Letter of Intent to guide you through the writing process, be advised that candidates must address all of these points in their letter.
Once admitted to the Nursing Program, students MUST:
- Submit a complete immunization record as per l`agence de la santé publique du Canada
- Obtain the Ordres des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (OIIQ) nursing student permit (immatriculation des étudiants en soins infirmiers -approximately $250.00).
- Complete and sign the Criminal Background Declaration Form required by hospitals every semester before clinical. In addition students must complete a verification check with the SPVM during the second semester of nursing. This background check is required for students to participate in their clinical experience in second year.
- Complete Health Care Provider CPR & First Aid in the fifth semester
- Failure to meet these requirements will prevent students from going to clinical, thus making them ineligible to pass their nursing courses.
Applicants from Outside the Province
The Ordres des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (OIIQ) may require applicants educated outside the province to obtain evaluation of their educational documents from the Ministère de l’Éducation. By calling (514) 864-9191, you may be told where to send relevant documents, when required, depending on the area of the city in which you live.
French Language Requirements
Before obtaining a permit from the Ordres des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (OIIQ) to practice in Quebec, graduates must meet a French language requirement. Students who graduated from a Quebec secondary school prior to 1986, or who graduated outside Quebec will need to obtain a certificate from the Office de la langue française (OQLF) before qualifying to receive a license to practice nursing.