Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES), including:
- Secondary V Language of Instruction
- Secondary V Second Language
- Secondary IV Science
- Secondary IV Mathematics
- Secondary IV History
or academic background judged equivalent to the DES.
(Students with a DES missing any of the above subjects may be admitted, space permitting, but may be required to complete remedial courses.)
Specific ministerial admission requirements
- Sec IV Environmental Science & Technology or Environmental Science 558-404 or 558-402
- Sec V Chemistry 551-504
*For students graduating before June 2010 or from an Adult Education Centre, the pre-requisites are Physical Science 436 and Chemistry 534
Additional admission requirements
- Must be eligible to take College English 603-101 (Testing may be required)
- It is strongly recommended that applicants have Secondary IV enriched 406/436 math, or a Secondary V math.
- Letter of Intent: The letter of intent offers you the opportunity to provide information about any relevant background and the qualities that make you a good candidate for the nursing program. The Admissions Committee uses this letter to assess your eligibility, ability and readiness to take on the challenges of the nursing program. Please use the questions listed in the Letter of Intent to guide you through the writing process. Please be advised that candidates must address all of the points in their letter.
- Have completed the science pre-requisites within the last five years
The Order of Nurses may require applicants educated outside the province to obtain evaluation of their educational documents from the Ministère de l’Éducation. By calling (514) 864-9191, you may be told where to send relevant documents, when required, depending on the area of the city in which you live.
Before obtaining a permit from the Order of Nurses to practice in Quebec, graduates must meet a French language requirement. Students who graduated from a Quebec secondary school prior to 1986, or who graduated outside Quebec will need to obtain a certificate from the Office de la langue française before qualifying to receive a license to practice nursing.
Once admitted to the Nursing Program, students MUST:
- Submit a Certificate of Medical Health and complete immunization record
- Complete the Order of Nurses of Quebec (OIIQ) nursing student registration application. The cost varies annually and is approximately $250.00.
- Complete and sign the Criminal Background Verification Form required by hospitalsIn addition students must complete a verification check with the SPVM at the end of their first semester of nursing. This background check is required for students to participate in their clinical experience in second year. Details will be provided during the first semester.
For general, non-program specific requirements, please consult the Admission Requirements page.
- March 1 (for Fall semester)
The program begins in the Fall semester; new students are not admitted into the program in the Winter term.