This chat is now closed Please send your questions to
- Application Deadline:March 1, November 1
- Profile Code:500.G1
- DEC in:Arts, Literature and Communication (ALC)
- Program Length:2 years
If you would like to:
- Learn about other cultures in a creative environment
- Develop communication skills and the ability to formulate strong arguments
- Explore cultural and art events in the city
- Improve your writing skills
- Satisfy your intellectual curiosity
Then the Arts and Culture Profile could be for you.
The Arts and Culture Profile lets you take a wide variety of courses in the Arts, Literature and Communication Program. The profile takes an interdisciplinary approach to your college education so that you can explore different avenues in the arts. The ability to study different disciplines will allow you to decide what subjects interest you and therefore be helpful when choosing a university path.
From sculpture to interactive art, computer or real-life painting, I was able to direct my educational path towards my artistic interests.— Heloise A.
What you will learn?
- To become a better writer
- To develop solid research skills that will prepare you for university
- To explore different genres of expression
- To think more critically and creatively
- To communicate clearly
Where will this program lead you?
Arts and Culture Profile graduates often pursue university studies in any of the Arts or Humanities programs. The choice of careers for graduates is vast and usually includes any profession that involves people and ideas, generally in the arts and humanities. These include journalism, education and more.
What else you should know?
As a student in the Arts & Culture Profile, you will participate in the Arts, Literature and Communication Gala along with other festival events. Students also benefit from field trips to explore Montreal’s arts and culture offerings.
What do you need to get in?
A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES.