- Application Deadline:March 1
- Program Code:561.C1
- DEC in:Professional Theatre (Acting)
- Program Length:3 years
If you would like to:
- Act on stage or in films
- Rehearse and perform with other creative people
- Develop your physical and vocal skills
- Build characters and investigate theatrical texts
- Establish interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Network with members of Montreal’s theatre scene
Then the Professional Theatre (Acting) Program could be for you.
As a student in the Professional Theatre (Acting) Program, you will be trained to work as a professional actor. Working in dedicated rehearsal spaces and performing in a modern theatre, you will be prepared for performance both before the camera as well as on stage. The skills acquired in the Professional Theatre (Acting) Program will allow you to be an excellent communicator in any field.
My memories of making truthful art surrounded by like-minded individuals in Dawson’s theatre program will last a lifetime.— Vassiliki G.
What you will learn?
- To master movement techniques, as well as voice and speech techniques
- To situate theatrical works in their historical perspective
- To stay in physical shape to keep up with the demands of the profession
- To develop an artistic sensibility
- To manage one’s professional life
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates often find employment as stage actors, in film and in voice performance industries. Others go on to pursue university studies in dramaturgy, drama therapy or further studies in theatre. Transferrable skills acquired in the Professional Theatre (Acting) Program can lead to a career in law, sales or other people-oriented domains.
What else you should know?
As a student in the program, you will attend plays by Montreal professional theatre companies and benefit from professional artists currently working in the performing Arts who will help you hone your ability to market your skills.
You will also perform in five productions at Dawson’s very own theatre, complete with the latest sound equipment, costume shop and set-building workshop.
What do you need to apply?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES