- Application Deadline:March 1, November 1
- Profile Code:200.PR
- DEC in:Science
- Program Length:2 years
If you would like to:
- Be well prepared for university studies in areas such as engineering, physics, mathematics, or computer science
- Explore advanced ideas in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology
- Understand the natural world
- Use logical reasoning to solve problems
- Recognize how scientific knowledge is constructed
- Take advanced courses in physics, mathematics and computer science
- Obtain a DEC in Science
Then the Pure and Applied Science Profile could be for you.
Explore, research and discover what interests you most in the vast world of science. The Pure and Applied Science Profile offers exposure to many disciplines in the first year. In the second year, students can go deeper into topics of particular interest, such as ecology and the environment, engineering, and computer science. The Integrative Project is another opportunity to choose what you wish to learn.
The emphasis on collaboration and the importance of cross-disciplinary research are values taught here that will serve me well in the future as a scientist.— Benjamin C.
What you will learn?
- To think like a scientist
- To employ a scientific method
- To read and analyze scientific publications
- To choose and appropriately use digital technologies to support learning, to present content, to model, to simulate and to program
- To design and implement a scientific project
- To collect, analyze and communicate experimental data
- To solve complex problems
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates of this profile are well prepared for a wide variety of university studies, such as engineering, physics, mathematics, or computer science.
What do you need to apply?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- Sec V Mathematics – Technical & Scientific option or Science option 564-506 or 565-506
- Sec V Chemistry 551-504
- Sec V Physics 553-504