Still a few days to participate in Amnesty International’s write-a-thon
On Thursday, Dec. 10, 10 Dawson students and faculty marked the International Day of Human Rights with Amnesty International's write-a-thon (https://writeathon.ca/), which aims to bring attention to 10 cases of injustice around the world.
Since 2000, 75% of the 169 people who have been targeted for this campaign have been freed! In one hour, we were able to complete letters for approximately 5 out of the 10 cases highlighted, which will amount to over 50 letters, and will contribute to the thousands that were written from people all over the world.
If you were unable to attend, but would still like to participate, here is a link to the recording of the session: https://youtu.be/tUI1NuJ-D2s .If you have completed or will complete letters, please let Daniel Goldsmith know (via MIO) how many by next Friday, Dec. 18 so he can send numbers to Amnesty to include in their count.
DCHC Physio clinic reopens Jan. 11
The Dawson College Health Clinic (DCHC) physio will be re-opening Jan. 11, 2021. The third-year students of the Physiotherapy Technology Program are eager to assist you with your rehabilitation needs. This service is available to the public so please share with your friends and family.
For many of us, working from home in our adapted working conditions may have set in some postural patterns that are not ideal. Come consult our qualified team of our student interns and their supervisors, licensed physiotherapy professionals.
Our commitment is to help you move, heal and learn new and improved ways to be in your body. Call us today to book your evaluation at 514-931-8731, ext. MOVE (6683).
People who work in the same office area still need to wear masks whenever they are less than 2 metres apart from their colleagues. Some people believe that if you work in the same office area with the same people, you are living in a “work bubble” and can remove your mask. There is no…
Public Health Canada highly recommends that people celebrate the holidays only with people in their household. The Quebec Government is permitting small gatherings of a maximum of 10 people only from Dec. 24-27. Here are some things you should know to keep everyone healthy: To participate, you must self-isolate beginning Dec.17 at the latest It…
Guest psychologist on stress of pandemic on college students
The Psychology Profile invited Dr. Nafissa Ismail to speak yesterday about the effects of the pandemic and confinement on college students. She is a psychology professor and researcher at the University of Ottawa. Her area of expertise examines the impact of stressors during different periods of development and their profound long-lasting effects on brain function.
Click Read More for a recording of her talk.
Wear your mask properly to stay safe
The College Nurses wish to remind everyone about the importance of wearing masks properly.
One of the common issues is wearing a mask but leaving one's nose exposed. The entire nose and mouth should be covered.
For pictures and more info, see:
Update on Dawson’s AASHE audit
Dawson’s 211-page sustainability report was submitted to the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) review committee in September. Almost 90% of indicator reporting and supporting documents were accepted and the Sustainability Office has 60 days to respond to questions concerning the other 10%. This is Dawson’s first attempt at an international rating in sustainability and we are hoping to be recognized at a high level. The entire College community has worked hard to contribute data and processes and to modify practices that lead to well-being for all. Stay tuned for results soon!
Stay home if waiting for test result
If you have been tested for COVID-19, you must self-isolate at home while waiting for the result.
You cannot leave your house, come to the College or go out in public if you are waiting for your test result. You may have to wait several days to receive your result. In the meantime, you must be patient and wait at home.
Last Modified: December 15, 2020