Explore a more healthy, active lifestyle in state-of-the-art facilities
All students are required to take Physical Education courses. In fact, you must successfully complete three Physical Education courses to graduate. The overall objective of these courses is to help you develop a healthy and active lifestyle through a variety of fitness activities, including dance, combatives, individual and team sports, outdoor education and stress management.
Courses are divided into three types (click for more information):
You must successfully complete a 101 and 102 course before registering for a 103 course.
Need more information? Read our FAQ or view courses at a glance.
What’s exciting about Physical Education at Dawson College?
- Choose between regular classes (15 weeks) or weekend outdoor/intensives
- Options include canoe and wilderness camping
- Combat classes
- Rock-climbing wall on site!
Visit the photo and video gallery to see our students in action.
Featured Course: Eco Landscaping
Teacher: Paul Wasacz
Winter/Spring Semester 2023
The Eco-Landscping 101 course focused on revitalizing the peace garden and getting rid of some gout weed that took over during the pandemic. The students moved mulch, leaves and large branches that had fallen during the ice storm. They also planted many native plants to attract insects and other species to the campus to increase biodiversity. They also downloaded the I-Naturalist app and took part in a bio blitz to discover Dawson ‘s attempt to discover 1000 species on its campus in 1000 days. In the two days on campus we discovered over 25 new species and logged them on the app.
- Interesting stats: 3 tons of wood chips moved, 10 tons of soil, 1 ton of leaves, 0.5 tons of mulch and approx. 1 ton of large branches
- 300 hours of work accomplished in two days buy the students
- Bird house placed on snag in Peace Garden
- “Backyard Habitat for Wildlife” certification being applied for through Canadian Nature federation