The First-Year Experience Program
Complete your first year at Dawson on easy mode!
What is it?
- Short get-togethers every semester on topics tailored to first-year students
- Campus treasure hunts, de-stressing cafés, introducing students to campus life, and more
- An opportunity to meet with First-Year staff and unpack common student concerns and issues
- Free snacks and drinks are included during most of our meetings (other meetings include prizes!)
Whom is it for?
Here are some examples of participants who might be a good fit for this group. They include new students who:
- Want to meet other first-years and make friends
- Are nervous or excited about attending Dawson College
- Have concerns about the transition to higher education or “keeping up” in general
- Would like to discover the College more fully
- Are interested in doing something other than homework on their breaks
- Are simply curious to see what this program is about!
- You can join our MIO mailing list at any time! Visit us in 2D.0 or email us at email@example.com to say ”I’m interested in the First-Year Experience Program!”
- No need to attend every single event! We know you’re busy. Just RSVP when it works for you.