Volunteering on Campus
There are many opportunities to volunteer for Campus Life & Leadership. Come to 2E.6 for more information and to sign up for one or more special events or activities if you would like to be part of the planning and/or implementation.
Getting involved with CLL is the best way to be part of campus life at Dawson and to make some life-long friends!
We thank our volunteers with appreciation events!
Volunteer Appreciation Night (Supper and games)
Student Involvement Recognition Program (SIR)
The Recognition of Student Involvement is designed to recognize your commitment to your chosen activity. You automatically qualify if you are involved in one or more of the following categories:
- Arts and Culture
- Educational and Academic Activities
- Social and Community Involvement
You are eligible for the Recognition of Student Involvement notation if you have 60 or more hours in one of the categories above, you were a full-time student during your time of involvement, you meet the standard academic success requirements, and acted as a volunteer in the activity that you are requesting recognition for.
The Recognition of Student Involvement is an acknowledgment on your official transcript. You can download the Individual Student Recognition application form. To receive more information, please see Michelle at Campus Life & Leadership, room 2E.6-5, ext. 1198.
Some of the many events you can volunteer for….
- August: Welcome Week Tours
- September: Welcome back Corn Roast
- October: Imaginus Poster Sale, Dawson Open House, Halloween Activities
- November: Multicultural Days, Holiday Activities
- December: Stress Free Day Activities
- February: Black history Month, Anti-Bullying, Valentine’s Events
- March: St. Patrick’s day activities on campus
- April: Artists in Bloom, Fashion show
- May: Stress Free Days, End of year BBQ