Volunteering with CLL
Volunteering on Campus
There are many opportunities to volunteer for us, whether on campus in person or virtually. Come to 2E.6 for more information or write to us at email@example.com Sign up as a Blue Ring Member if you would like to be part of the planning and/or implementation of CLL and Dawson events. Simply fill out the short CLL Blue Ring Form and email it back to us or drop it off in 2E.6. Be sure to read it carefully.
Getting involved with CLL is the best way to be part of campus life at Dawson and enhance your college experience!
We make sure we thank our volunteer team at the end of each semester and throughout. You are a big part of making our events fun and we appreciate you!
Recognition of Student Involvement
The Recognition of Student Involvement is designed to recognize your commitment to your chosen activity. You automatically qualify if you are involved in one or more of the following categories:
- Arts and Culture
- Educational and Academic Activities
- Social and Community Involvement
You are eligible for the Recognition of Student Involvement notation if you have 60 or more hours in one of the categories above, you were a full-time student during your time of involvement, you meet the standard academic success requirements, and acted as a volunteer in the activity that you are requesting recognition for.
The Recognition of Student Involvement is an acknowledgment of your official transcript. You can download the Individual Student Recognition application form. To receive more information, please see Trudy at Campus Life & Leadership, room 2E.6-3, ext. 1217.
CLL Merit Award
This award is given to a student who is committed to improving student life at Dawson, while achieving and maintaining a high level of academic success. The student must have demonstrated this commitment through their participation, involvement, leadership, and/or initiative in Campus Life and Leadership activities.
- must be a graduating day student
- must have grades 75% or higher
- must have demonstrated a commitment to improving and/or enhancing student life at Dawson though participation, involvement, leadership, and/or initiative in Campus Life and Leadership activities.
Some of the many events you can volunteer with…
- Pop-Up activities: Arts and Crafts, Scavenger Hunts, Dance Activities, Speed-Friending, The Spot, BINGO
- August: Welcome Week Tours
- September: Welcome-Back Corn Roast, Orange T-shirt Day
- October: Dawson Open House, Halloween Activities
- November: Multicultural Days, Dawson Geek Week, Holiday Activities
- December: Stress-Free Activities
- February: Black History Awareness, Pink Shirt Day, Valentine’s activities
- March: St. Patrick’s Day activities / Montreal Parade / Multicultural activities
- April: First People’s Week, Artists in Bloom, Dawson Shines/Fashion Show
- May: Stress-Free activities, End-of-year BBQ