University Pathways and Career Options
A wide variety of opportunities exist for graduates of CRLT. Whether they choose to continue with University or enter the workforce directly, our alumni work in a wide variety of professions and positions in the field, including:
- Municipal Recreation Technicians and Managers (e.g. Pointe-Claire, Hampstead, Westmount, Kuujjuaq)
- Community Agency Program Coordinators and Directors (e.g. Centre Greene, St Raymond’s Center, Various Y’s, WIAIH, Dans la Rue. Kahnawake Youth Center)
- College and University Student Life Technicians & Sustainability Officers (e.g. Dawson, Vanier)
- Recreation Technicians at Senior Centers & CHSLD’s (Alzeimers Group, Age3)
- Camp Administration, Program Directors and Counsellors for specialty programs (Weredale, WIAIH)
- Fundraising, Foundations & Special Event Companies (CauseForce, Shriners Hospital)
- Pre-schools, Elementary and High School as teachers, Student life coordinators and integration specialists (St Georges, Philip Layton School, The Study)
- Sport Federations and Global Development agencies (Rugby Quebec, Altergo, Defi Sportif)
- and many others
University is also an option for our graduates with many options to choose from including Recreation Management, Leisure Studies, Therapeutic Recreation, Education, Outdoor Recreation, Physical Education, Community Development and many others.
We have an articulation agreement set up with Concordia University and have been able to assist alumni with individual arrangements for advanced standing with several universities across Canada including; Acadia & CBU (NS), Memorial (NFLD), Brock & Waterloo (ONT) and UQAM (QC).
Please communicate with us directly to find out if your career path would evolve from a CRLT Diploma.
An articulation agreement is a formal, signed, written agreement between two educational institutions. It outlines the kind of transfer credit or advanced standing that a student might be granted, based on studies at one school, upon entering a specific and related academic program at the other school.
Articulation agreements are sometimes referred to as transfer agreements, transfer pathways or diploma to degree pathways.