The group insurance plan for teachers is covered by La Capitale. Plan-specific information is located on the Client-Center of La Capitale’s website. Plan members can follow the prompts to sign in and view their group insurance plan information.
Below is some Faculty specific information concerning the current group insurance plan:
Policy and Contract Numbers – Faculty
|Group Number – Health Insurance:||1008-1010|
|Group Number – Dental Insurance:||2054B|
|Group Number – Faculty Retirees||1011|
- La Capitale Dental Insurance Contract – Group 2054
- La Capitale Group Insurance Contract 1008 (EN)
- La Capitale Group Insurance Contract 1008 (FR)
- RETIREES – La Capitale Group Insurance Booklet (EN)
- RETIREES – La Capitale Group Insurance Booklet (FR)
- La Capitale Faculty Coverage SUMMARY & RATES (EN)
- La Capitale Faculty Coverage SUMMARY & RATES (FR)
- Dental claim form
- Demande de règlement pour soins dentaires
- Medical claim form
- Demande de règlement pour soins médicaux
- Health insurance, dental care & other benefits – Group 1008 (EN)
- Health insurance, dental care & other benefits – Group 1008 (FR)
- RETIREES – Health insurance & other benefits (EN)
- RETIREES – Health insurance & other benefits (FR)
- Dental insurance Group 2054
Frequently Asked Questions
Professors teaching a workload of at least 33% are eligible for immediate benefits coverage. Hourly paid teachers are not eligible for group insurance coverage.
Participation in the basic health insurance plan is mandatory for all eligible teachers. However, a professor may, by giving prior written notice to the College, request to be exempted from participation to basic health and dental insurance plan, provided that he or she can submit proof of similar coverage under a different group insurance plan.
Yes. Based on La Fédération nationale des enseignantes et enseignants du Québec’s (FNEEQ’s) current agreement with La Capitale, professors may opt out of life insurance for themselves and dependants, as well as dental care, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance in accordance with the provisions of the group insurance policy.
Professors who continue to pay their insurance premiums will experience no interruption in coverage as a result of an approved leave.
Faculty members with questions about sick leave, maternity, paternity, and other related leaves should contact the Benefits office, local 1373.
Faculty members with questions about leaves of absences, voluntary workload reductions, sabbaticals and other time away from teaching should contact the Human Resources Administration Technician (Faculty), local 1375.
Retiring Faculty members’ health insurance questions should be directed to the retirement specialists at La Capitale: 1 800 463 4856 x2022.
Questions about pensions and other related retirement policies for all cégep employees should be directed to Retraite Québec (former CARRA La Commission Administrative des Regimes de Retraites et d’Assurances) at 1 800 463 5533 or their website: www.retraitequebec.gouv.qc.ca.
Further questions can be answered by La Capitale. Representatives from La Capitale can be reached at the following telephone numbers:
|Customer Service:||1 800 463 4856|
|Medical Inquiries:||x81352 (French)
|Dental Inquiries:||x81356 (French)
Booklets which describe coverage details and other policies are available on La Capitale’s website.