Student Complaints and Grievances

An academic or personal grievance must proceed through the proper channels and in the following order:

  1. The student should discuss and resolve the issues with the teacher.
  2. If the issues cannot be resolved with the teacher, then the student may request the Chairperson’s or the Ombudsperson’s assistance, especially in the event that the teacher in question is the Chairperson. The complaint or grievance should be made in writing. Copies of the complaint and all related correspondence will be sent to the teacher, the Chairperson, and the Sector Dean.
  3. If the issues cannot be resolved through procedures outlined above, then the student may implement the formal grievance process as outlined in the college’s “Grievance and Monitoring Mechanisms” (see ISEP, Section V).

Last Modified: November 13, 2017