Private: Venture Creation in the Creative and Cultural Industries
To be accepted in the professional development AEC program in Venture Creation for the Creative and Cultural Industries, candidates must meet the following requirements:
A person who has received instruction considered sufficient by the College and meets one of the following conditions may be admitted to a program of studies leading to an Attestation d’études collégiales (AEC):
- the person’s studies have been interrupted for at least two consecutive terms or one school year;
- the person is covered by an agreement entered into between the College and an employer or by a government program;
- the person has pursued postsecondary studies for at least one year.
1. The College considers sufficient instruction to be one of the following:
- A minimum of an Attestation of College Studies (AEC) or Diploma of College Studies (DEC) related to the creative and cultural sectors.
- A combination of experience and/or training deemed appropriate for the program.
2. English language skills equivalent to placement at Preparation for College English or higher. Applicants may be required to take an English placement test.
3. A letter of intent and curriculum vitae which should provide the program with information regarding the applicant’s aptitudes, skills, experience and interest in founding a company or organization in the creative or cultural industries.
Once a candidate is pre-selected based on the admission criteria above, a selection interview will evaluate some of the candidate’s personal characteristics and readiness for the program. The candidates will be evaluated on the following skills and characteristics:
- Working knowledge of French;
- Readiness for the program;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to take risks;
- Willingness to learn;