This chat is now closed Please send your questions to
- Application Deadline:March 1
- Program Code:243.B0
- DEC in:Electronics Engineering Technology
- Program Length:3 years
If you would like to:
- Build electronic devices including robotics and smart home systems
- Understand how digital communications systems work
- Learn in small groups in an advanced laboratory environment
- Study in a program with strong career employment opportunities
- Work with the latest technology in a choice of two specializations
Then the Electronics Engineering Technology Program could be for you.
The Electronics Engineering Technology Program has two distinct specializations from which you will choose one. These include the Computer and Networks Specialization, which prepares you for a career as a Networking Technologist, and the Telecommunications Specialization for those interested in the activation, servicing, repairing and upgrading of telecommunications systems. You will choose your specialization during your second semester of studies.
With everything I have learned in the Electronics Engineering Technology Program, I feel ready to join the workforce and take on any challenge in the electronics field.— Demetrius D.
What you will learn?
In the Computer and Networks Specialization:
- How to install, configure and service a computer and its peripherals
- How to become proficient in networking and network security
- How to define, configure and manage all the elements of a local area network to ensure reliability and security of data transfer
In the Telecommunications Specialization:
- How to accurately interpret and adhere to quality standards during the assembly and integration of a telecommunications system
- How to monitor, maintain and service all the elements of a telecommunications system to ensure reliability of all signal types
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates of the Electronics Engineering Technology Program often pursue careers as Computer and Networks Specialization technologists who install, maintain and repair electronic and/or computer/network systems or as Telecommunications Specialization technologists who activate, repair and upgrade telecommunication systems.
Others go on to study at the university level in programs such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, IT Engineering or Computer Science.
What else you should know?
As a student in the Electronics Engineering Technology Program, you will have access to the most advanced labs complete with real-world systems in networking and telecommunications.
You will be trained to meet industry needs and be prepared to obtain certifications necessary for work in your field of study.
What do you need to get in?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- Sec IV Mathematics – Technical & Scientific option or Science option 564-406/426 or 565-406/426 or Sec V Cultural, Social & Technical option 563-504 or Mathematics 436
- Sec IV Science & Technology or Applied Science & Technology 555-404/444 or 557-406/416 or Physical Science 436