Starting in 2022-2023, active students in this program are eligible to apply for a Perspective Scholarship (Programme de bourses Perspective Québec) valued at $1,500 for every successful term for a maximum total of $9,000.
- Application Deadline:March 1
- Program Code:243.B0
- DEC in:Electronics Engineering Technology
- Program Length:3 years
If you would like to:
- Develop skills to build electronic circuits and systems
- Understand how everyday electronics/communication systems work
- Interact with individuals just like you who are interested in the latest technology trends
- Work within an advanced laboratory environment using some of the latest technologies
- Study in a program with strong employment opportunities
Then the Electronics Engineering Technology Program could be for you.
The Electronics Engineering Technology Program is currently only offering the Computer and Networks profile as a career path.
With everything I have learned in the Electronics Engineering Technology Program, I feel ready to join the workforce and take on any challenge in the electronics field.— Demetrius D.
What you will learn?
In the Computer and Networks Specialization:
- How to install hardware and software, configure and service a computer/laptop and its peripherals.
- How to become proficient in networking and network security
- How to define, configure and manage all the elements of a local area network to ensure reliability and security of data transfer
In the electronics courses:
- How to build electronic circuits, troubleshoot and make measurements
- How to fabricate printed circuit boards (PCBs) and soldering conforming to industry standards
- How to work with embedded systems using both hardware and software tools
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates of the Electronics Engineering Technology Program often pursue exciting and challenging careers as electronic technologists that involve solutions dealing with electronics, repair, maintenance, upgrades, installation, and configuration of systems in their specialized field.
Others go on to study at the university level in programs such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, IT Engineering or Computer Science.
What else you should know?
As a student in the Electronics Engineering Technology Program, you will have access to the most advanced labs complete with real-world systems in networking.
You will be trained to meet industry needs and be prepared to obtain certifications necessary for work in your field of study.
What do you need to get in?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- Sec IV Mathematics – Technical & Scientific option or Science option 564-426 or 565-426 or Sec V Cultural, Social & Technical option 563-504
- Sec IV Science & Technology or Applied Science & Technology 555-444 or 557-416