- Application Deadline:March 1
- Program Code:243.B0
- DEC in:Electronics Engineering Technology
- Program Length:3 years
If you would like to:
- Develop skills to build electronic circuits and systems
- Understand how everyday electronics/communication systems work
- Interact with individuals just like you who are interested in the latest technology trends
- Work within an advanced laboratory environment using some of the latest technologies
- Study in a program with strong employment opportunities
Then the Electronics Engineering Technology Program could be for you.
The Electronics Engineering Technology Program has two distinct specializations from which you will choose during your second semester of study. During the first year, you will be given the opportunity to explore each of the Computer and Networks and Telecommunications specializations to better understand how they will prepare you for their prospective career paths.
With everything I have learned in the Electronics Engineering Technology Program, I feel ready to join the workforce and take on any challenge in the electronics field.— Demetrius D.
What you will learn?
In the Computer and Networks Specialization:
- How to install hardware and software, configure and service a computer/laptop and its peripherals.
- How to become proficient in networking and network security
- How to define, configure and manage all the elements of a local area network to ensure reliability and security of data transfer
In the Telecommunications Specialization:
- How to accurately interpret and adhere to quality standards during the assembly and integration of a telecommunications system
- How to monitor, maintain and service all the elements of a telecommunications system to ensure reliability of all signal types
In the electronics courses:
- How to build electronic circuits, troubleshoot and make measurements
- How to fabricate printed circuit boards (PCBs) and soldering conforming to industry standards
- How to work with embedded systems using both hardware and software tools
Where will this program lead you?
Graduates of the Electronics Engineering Technology Program often pursue exciting and challenging careers as electronic technologists that involve solutions dealing with electronics, repair, maintenance, upgrades, installation, and configuration of systems in their specialized fields of Computer and Networks and Telecommunications.
Others go on to study at the university level in programs such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, IT Engineering or Computer Science.
What else you should know?
As a student in the Electronics Engineering Technology Program, you will have access to the most advanced labs complete with real-world systems in networking and telecommunications.
You will be trained to meet industry needs and be prepared to obtain certifications necessary for work in your field of study.
What do you need to get in?
- A Diploma of Secondary Studies (DES) or academic background judged equivalent to the DES
- Sec IV Mathematics – Technical & Scientific option or Science option 564-426 or 565-426 or Sec V Cultural, Social & Technical option 563-504
- Sec IV Science & Technology or Applied Science & Technology 555-444 or 557-416