This is a course designed for those who have no prior experience making games. The focus is on game design, which means teaching campers how to break down games into their basic components and then empowering them to rebuild these components into any form they want. It will combine learning with fun activities such as group brainstorming, individual work time, assisted tutorials and play testing sessions to make sure that campers have the richest game design experience possible.
Campers will learn how to:
- Develop a digital game with the Construct 3 Game Engine
- Create pen and paper prototypes of their work
- Process feedback from playtests
- Think critically about games
- Communicate their vision to peers
- Work both independently and in a team
Most of all, campers learn that they can make games instead of just playing them.
Campers must be prepared to bring all of the following materials*:
- A USB key (1GB or larger)
- Medium size Notebook (This will be used for sketching/planning; camper’s preference as to the type: lined, grid, dot or blank paper)
- Pens, Pencils, Highlighters
*Please contact us to confirm that the camp is running before making any purchases.
On the last Friday of the camp, at 4:00 p.m., we hold an exhibition/playtest of students’ work.